Saturday, May 03, 2008

Motorcycle Man

Florida gets a bad rap sometimes with all the seniors here. The stories of their driving abilities are what helps redirect a boring g dinner conversation into a time of belly laughs. I've seen uturns that end up on sidewalks. I had one lady stop in the middle of a very well know road, get out of her car, come to my window and say "I think I'm lost". Its those kind of events that used to make me worry about my elderly folks. My folks are gone now, so thats one less thing I have to worry about. One day I was sitting at a traffic light, and I saw a car going down the sidewalk. Granted it was a wide sidewalk, but there he was, as happy as could be.

As I was running errands this morning a man in a beautiful 3 wheel harley, bright blue cruised by. I did notice he was quit elderly, and I thought that this was sure an upgrade from a 3-wheeled bicycle. I had warm fuzzy thoughts towards him. Go Grandpa. Go. When I finally caught up to him, there on the back, strapped on his matching blue luggage case, that only the finest harleys have when tricked out was his walker. Not just any kind. It was the kind with shocks and handbrakes.

I hope when I am old I can go cruisin just like grandpa.

No comments: