Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Love of Flying

I love airports! I love the adventure of leaving one place and arriving someplace else. It's like walking in the front door to have a meal or two with complete strangers and walking out the back door in a different part of the world. Lately though, the meals have dwindled to be peanuts or pretzels. Hard to share when they give you so little. Traveling to Europe though, I got a full meal. Its was a miniature version of what I can get at home. Lean Cruisine looks huge compared to the chicken something or other. I think its because they need to fit the meal, and a drink on a shelf that drops down from the seat in front, giving you hardly room to breathe. Its a real test of manners to slice meat and to eat with your elbows glued to your ribs. The rolls could be used as weapons if need be. But I don't complain much, and eat it all, while the guy next to me falls asleep and I need to get up and use the restroom. There's the "cough, cough" get his attention to get up move, and there's the "turn the light on and off" move also. Once, a man next to me fell asleep, and as much as I tried to ignore him, I couldn't... he slumped towards me and his head rested on my shoulder. I was frozen. I sat there for a few moments trying to figure out my next move when he started snoring. Before the drooling started I jostled in my seat and he woke up.

Still gives me nightmares and giggles.

No comments: